Do You Have A Heavy, Mucus Cough?
A wet or productive is a Cough associated with excess mucus or phlegm – which may be described as ‘wet’, or ‘chesty’.
What is a mucus cough?
A cough is a reflex action to clear your airways of phlegm and irritants such as dust. A mucus cough is a productive cough which means mucus is produced to help clear your airways
What are the symptoms of a mucus cough?
- When you've got a mucus cough, it can feel as if your cough is wet
- One of the main symptoms of a mucus cough is producing mucus or phlegm
What causes a mucus cough?
- Most coughs are caused by a cold or flu
- Mucus helps to keep your airways moist and protect your lungs from irritants
- When you're fighting off an infection like the flu, however, your body produces more mucus than usual, to help trap and expel the organisms causing infection
- Coughing helps you get rid of all the excess mucus that gets stuck in your lungs and chest
BENYLIN® offers the following mucus cough treatment:
Guaifenesin 200 mg BENYLIN® Wet Cough (Alcohol, Sugar & Colourant Free Liquid). Each 10 ml contains: . Reg. No . 37/10.1/0061.
BENYLIN® Wet Cough Menthol. Each 10 ml contains: Guaifenesin 200 mg. Reg. No . 02/10.1/0374.
BENYLIN® Children's Wet Cough (Alcohol, Sugar & Colourant Free Liquid). Each 5 ml contains: Guaifenesin 50 mg. Reg. No . 35/10.1/0266.